5 Jan 2016

A new year and some dolly thoughts

Picture: morguefile.com

Christmas was and went, the year 2015 has turned into 2016 and I´ve not updated anything since our little Christmas dolly meeting. Time goes by so fast! Of course I was going to do a Christmas photoshoot, but something always came and interrupted my plans, so - no pictures. Also sadly the darkness, the rain and the lack of snow stole my entire Christmas spirit away anyway. I had a nice time, but something was definitely missing. :/

Anyhow since it is a whole new year now, I want to wrap the old up and tell about my future plans.
The year 2015 was my first doll year after my 5 year brake within this hobby. I was very surprised how hard the excitement and inspiration hit me again after such a long time!

Things I achieved:
* I bought two dolls and sold one.
* I started making the diorama + crafted little things in it.
* Purchased new clothes and shoes.
* Commissioned a clothing set for Lyra from Etsy (still under making).
* Purchased doll stands for all of my bigger dolls (review coming soon).
* Made my first faceups for others than my own dolls and did my first customisations/ repairs for a BJD (more about those later on!).
* Made many new doll friends and participated on several meetings.
* Purchased a light tent for photographing. It´s been on my wish list ever since I purchased my first digital camera back in 2010. The tent has been ordered and still on delivery, but hopefully coming soon.

My future plans for the year 2016 are:
* To continue and finish the diorama.
* Learn to take better photos and generally be more active on that area.
* Purchase a doll I´ve been drooling (still on the desk of the doll artist, but according to her, soon to be ready for a perorder!).
* Get to know my only SD girl better and create her more complete personality.

...And the biggest plan of the year is:

* To participate the Ldoll festival on Lyon, France.
Nothing is certain yet but I would really, really like to go there. I have never visited any BJD convention before and it makes it even more tempting that it´s inside EU and not too far away from Finland either. I wouln´t dare to travel alone but we have already had some discussions about going there as a group with some doll people on Facebook. Let´s see how the things turn out.

Overall I´d say 2015 was a pretty good and productive year. The new plans are pretty exciting too and I hope you all will have just as exciting times ahead as I do.

Some unfinished things waiting for inspiration

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know which doll you are drooling over! :D
    Good luck in achieving all of your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will reveal it when the time comes, don´t you worry. ;)

      Delete