28 Nov 2015

Project Diorama: Change of plans

One day while walking home from a market, I found two glass doors leaning on a dumpster. There was no way I could´ve left them there and I grabbed them with me. The decorations are beautiful and perfect style for the greenhouse study. I tried it with the flooring and it looks even better than the previous window I had there and as a bonus, this new one is much lighter to handle and it is exactly as tall as the white one was. Wow what a coincidence! The only con is that it is narrower than the flooring so I have to add there a lengthening piece. I will paint it white and distress it a bit.


The other wall is also progressed with cutting on the upper corner and window opening, which is raw at the moment and waiting to be finished with Dremel. However, I have to straighten the upper arch of the window opening just for the reason that it´s easier to make the glass and the framing with straight lines than curved.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your diorama plans :D The new window looks fabulous! Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only wish I was faster with this. It takes so much time before I can decided anything. For example, there are so many different options for the wall decorations to choose from! I want to consider all of the possibilities before bursting into action.

      Delete