28 Apr 2016

Trade with FaeryKiss

I had an amazing opportunity to make my first trade with FaeryKiss´s Krista. She made a shirt for my Lyra and I did props for her future-to-be -doll. The character of hers will be a witch and the model Feeple 60 doll from the company CP/ Fairyland.

I wanted to have a nice mori-style shirt for Lyra and I specifically asked if Krista could do the sleeves with straps for two length options and again Krista did amazing job! Let the pictures speak for themselves:


Shirt with the sleeves gathered up.

Detail of the strap that enables the sleeves to be gathered up.

The witch set I did for Krista included four big and two smaller potion bottles, a complete (and fully working!) 24 piece rune stone set with real leather pouch which becomes a divination mat when opened, a corn dolly with box and last a pretty snail shell I found from my backyard.



Closeup of the rune set.

Potion bottles

Corn dolly and the box.

This trade was so much fun to make and I am super grateful to Krista that she wanted to do this with me. I think trades are excellent thing because it enables people to use their creative skills to have something that either can´t or don´t know how to do by themselves, or if they simply don´t have the money to purchase the goods they´d need. Many times I have had this problem: I would love to get something for my dolls but lack the money. But what I usually do have more than money is plenty of time, skills and passion to make props. So if I could have all the things in the world by just making doll props, I´d be dirty rich let me say!
So, in a way by trades you can "make" yourself things that you can´t make by making things you can. Haha, get it? Anyways, I wish trades would become more common in the doll community. Hooray for the creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for an excellent trade! I always love having great opportunities like that :3 I think the reason they're not as common is that problems with unreliable people are harder to solve (if you buy something usually you can just file a claim with paypal~)

    I love your work a lot, you're so gifted when it comes to miniatures and props! :D I think you should definitely set up an Etsy shop for them~ that way you can still be dirty rich! XD haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliments Irene!
      You are right about the unreliable persons. Nothing´s more frustrating than a trade went nasty. :/ It´s a pity though but if it works, it´s awesome opportunity for both of the participants.

      Sometimes I do have thought of setting up an Etsy shop but I have to make a better plan and create a good "brand" before actually doing that. We´ll see. ;)

      Delete