9 May 2016

Dolly friends from abroad + Taobao haul

Hello dolly peeps! Last weekend I had a chance to meet my new friend, Caketown´s Irene, in person when she came to visit Finland. She was not the only new acquaintance to me at that day because also Senja, Spica and Sofia joined the meeting, whom I hadn´t met before. But what a lovely gals they all turned out to be!

At first we went to a nice coffee house to get to know each other and to share the souvenirs. Because Irene lives in China, she has easy access to all the goodies at Taobao, so we all had asked Irene to work as our agent for ordering some doll stuff from there. I must admit I feel a little guilty for asking her to drag all those stuff all the way from China but then again, I would have done exactly the same for her if she asked me to get something from Finland. To thank her for her kindness and for her efforts I bought her three big chocolate bars from a brand Fazer - each one with different flavour. And because I had quite heavy bag and also my little doggy with me, I had no hands to take my camera along, so unfortunately no pictures of the meet itself, sorry. It would be so nice to have a personal photographer with me to do all the job. ;)

But to the Taobao order, I wanted more Blythe size clothes for Pumpkin and some props too. Here is the whole haul in one picture + some extra gifts Irene gave to me. How very sweet of her!


The bike was maybe one of my most expected item from the haul. It´s 1/6 scale and perfect for Blythes. The details are beautiful.


And here´s all the extras Irene generously added to my batch. Thank you dear!

Stickers, 1/6 scale cat overalls, small cat mirror, Hello Kitty pen, tiny doll props etc.

Irene didn´t forget Nekome either! Just look at this pretty dress set:


As if all the previous goodies weren´t enough, I was handed with these awesome small furnitures. They are originally made for Barbie dolls and for that reason a little bit too small for Lyra, but works better for Pumpkin.  However, I have planned to make some modifications to them so that they could be used in Lyra´s greenhouse.


After spending a good while at the coffee house, we decided to stretch our legs and walk to visit two small shops nearby (a Pullip doll and accessories shop Kilala and anime/ manga/ Japan merchandise selling Luca). Then it was time for me to part from the group but oh boy I enjoyed this meeting. I am very grateful I got to know all these wonderful new friends and big thanks to Irene from the bottom of my heart. I hope we can stay in touch also in the future. Friends just are the best aren´t they?

I will make a post where all the clothes are sported by their respectful owners and I promise to make that soon. I´ve been shamefully slow with updating my blog and that is purely because of my nine-years-old ancient computer. I really must get a new one with more power to run all the image programs and such.

Have a lovely day and see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you, we should definitely do that again in the future! ~ perhaps over in another corner of the world, hahaha :D

    Ohh, I definitely loved the bike so much, it's amazing realistic and detailed and I am tempted to buy another one for myself XD Hahaha! I can't wait to see what you will do with the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, next stop China for sure!
      I really recommend you to get the bike. It´s superb. :D
      I have already started to think of different options to mod the furnitures but not entirely sure will they have a place in the greenhouse or someplace else. Must keep on planning.

      Delete
  2. Loved meeting you and had so much fun ^w^ Hope we can meet again later!

    Such lovely things~ I'm curious about where you got the bike? If it's good size for Blythes, then it'd also be a good size for Pureneemos and I've been looking for a bike for them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! ^_^

      The bike really is very detailed and authentic looking. It is 1/6 scale so it´s perfect for Azones. I got it from here:
      https://world.taobao.com/item/40873986692.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.FEu2vI#detail

      And here´s another bike I found for MSD size dolls if you´d be interested in that aswell:
      https://world.taobao.com/item/19937527473.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.dnkSzP#detail

      Hopefully these helped.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the links, I'll check those out ^^

      Delete