30 May 2016

Commission: Aileen Doll Dragon

The same friend who´s other doll´s I´ve been painting and modding earlier had another request for me: to fix her Aileen Doll dragon. The doll was super dirty, had awful old faceup, was desperately in a need of new strings and had a broken string hook in the paw.

First I took the poor thing apart and gave him a good bath. The old faceup was very tightly stuck and it took me several hours to rub until the whole thing was squeaky clean and bright white again.


With a help of a Dremel I removed the stem that had left from the broken hook and drilled a hole for a new metallic hook. This is how the resin hook normally looks like:


...And this is how I repaired the broken one:


After these were done, I started the painting by adding the base coats with Army Painter and from there continued as usual until I was satisfied with the result. Last I restrung him with new cords. The friend wanted him to have purple scales and silver horns, spikes and claws. Here is how he turned out:








Edit. Just to inform you the light really washes all the purple shadings around the scales, inside the wings and face away on the pictures. Irl he is not that white and has more tones on him.

5 comments:

  1. Tulipa siitä upea! Omaa lohista ei tarvitse vielä aikoihin purkaa mutta huolettaa että sillä menisi jotain rikki kun taitaa olla aika yleistä näillä :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos kommentista!
      Tuo uudelleenstringaus oli tosiaan aika kuumottavaa hommaa ja pelkäsin kyllä koko ajan, että lisää resiinikoukkuja napsahtelee. Toivottavasti sinulla on parempi tuuri jos joskus joudut nukkesi purkamaan, mutta olen itsekin kuullut rikkoutumisien olevan harmillisen yleistä näiden kohdalla. :/
      Mutta hyvä kokemus tämä oli joka tapauksessa ja sain sentään korjattua nuo akuuteimmat ongelmakohdat ja omistajan iloiseksi. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Wow you did such a wonderful job restoring the little dragon! :D
    Ohh, so you offer mods too? I will have to ask you for a small mod on one of my dolls at one point I think, if you still do them~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene! ^_^
      I do these kinds of things occasionally but nothing too extreme. What comes to your request, toss me with a message and I´ll see what I can do for you.

      Delete
  3. Tulipa siitä hieno! :) Ja aika vaivan sait nähdäkin sen eteen, omistaja on varmasti onnellinen!

    ReplyDelete