6 Oct 2015

Project Diorama: the flooring

The diorama is slowly progressing. After considering different flooring options from real mosaic, faux tiling made from egg cartons, painting marbling effects, etc. I decided to go the easy way and chose to checker the whole area with matt white and glossy grey paint. It was easy yes, but turned out very time consuming while painting the squares even (and my perfectionism didn`t help either, lol!).

First I drew the lines, then I covered half of them with tape to make the checkering.

This is how it turned out.

I am pleased with the result. At first I was a bit skeptical about whether it would look cheap or too flat, but gladly it created a nice texture on the surface since the paints I used were quite thick. When the whole set is finished, I will batten the raw edges from both the floor and the wall so that they will be much neater.

2 comments:

  1. This floor is so amazing, I can't wait to see the whole room done :O :O Please share more photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Irene, thank you for your compliments and welcome to read my blog! I will continue the project as soon as I have time and it´s light enough to take photos. I hate this time of year when it`s getting so dark so quickly and the best hours for photographing are extremely limited. But there will be more to come, I promise. :)

      Delete