26 Oct 2015

Faceup for succubus

My friend ordered a new doll from Impldoll: the Loss Of Brilliant -series`s grey skinned Azalea. She wanted to shell a character of hers, which is a succubus but to save money, she ordered the doll blank. She bemoaned that her face painting skills were poor and she needed to find someone to do it for her. As I heard that, of course I wanted to help and offered to make it for her just to get more experience for myself.

As the succubus is a winged man-chasing female demon, my friend wanted the faceup to be strong, seductive and above all: have red lips. Here is what I achieved:



I put her super long eyelashes intentionally to highlight her femininity.

This was my first time ever to paint a grey resin but it was no harder than normal skin resin. For the first time I also used Army Painter as a sealant and to be honest, I do like Testors more. T gives better tooth for pastels to stick on but on the other hand, maybe it`s just because I haven`t used to AP. Anyhow, I´m sure I will get used to AP as soon as I get work with it more. I have one bottle of Testors still left but as it runs out, I have to start using AP instead since in Finland Testors is no longer available.

My friend liked the finished face-up and I was very happy to see her approval. I already took her another doll to my "spa" so more faceups to come later.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, I love those bright red lips, with the eyes she's really got that demonic look down!

    Nice to know gray is not much different, I will try to paint some gray resin soonish! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Grey resin does not make that much of a difference compared to normal skin resin but of course the colour of the blushing is something you must think about more. And the sealant is the other thing that affects on the result but you just have to try it yourself to get the idea. Good luck!

      Delete